Temple - Belton Residents: Follow These Mold Safety Tips If You Suspect Mold
Be careful! Without proper training, you could be spreading mold throughout your home.
If you see visible mold, do not disturb it. You can inadvertently spread the mold infestation throughout your home. When mold is disturbed, the mold can release microscopic mold spores which become airborne and can circulate inside your home.
What to Do:
- Stay out of affected areas.
- Turn off the HVAC system and fans.
- Contact SERVPRO of Temple & Belton for mold remediation services.
What Not to Do:
- Don’t touch or disturb the mold.
- Don’t blow air across any surfaces with visible or suspected mold growth.
- Don’t attempt to dry the area yourself.
- Don’t spray bleach or other disinfectants on the mold.
About Our Mold Remediation Services
SERVPRO of Temple & Belton specializes in mold cleanup and restoration, in fact, it’s a cornerstone of our business. Our crews are highly trained restoration professionals that use specialized equipment and techniques to properly remediate your mold problem quickly and safely.
If You See Signs of Mold, Call Us Today! (254)771-3055
Our Highly Trained Restoration Specialists can restore your Temple - Belton home
Our Highly Trained Restoration Specialists can restore your Temple - Belton home
SERVPRO of Temple & Belton is an IICRC firm. The Institute of Inspection, Cleaning and Restoration Certification (IICRC) creates the standards for the restoration industry and provides training and certification to restoration companies. IICRC Certified Firms have the right to display the IICRC Certified Logo.
IICRC Certified Firms must
• Present accurate information to consumers and conduct business with honesty and integrity.
• Require a technician on all jobs who has been formally trained and passed all required tests.
• Require a continuing education program to keep technicians up-to-date on the latest changes in the industry.
• Maintain liability insurance to protect all parties in the event of an accident.
• Maintain a written complaint policy and agree to Better Business Bureau or similar arbitration to resolve disputes, and accept the conclusions and recommendations of arbitration.
The IICRC Develops The Standards For The Restoration Industry
The IICRC has been the driving force in establishing the main industry standards and reference guides for professional carpet cleaning, water damage restoration and mold remediation. These IICRC standards take years to develop and require the coordination of experts in the field: manufacturers, industry organizations, insurance professionals, training schools, contractors, and public health professionals.
Every five years, the standards are reviewed and updated. The water damage restoration field changes rapidly with advancements in technology and science, and therefore the standards must evolve to keep pace.
About SERVPRO of Temple & Belton
SERVPRO of Temple & Belton specializes in the cleanup and restoration of residential and commercial property after a fire, smoke or water damage event. Our staff is highly trained in property damage restoration and we are an IICRC Certified Firm. We believe in continuous training: from initial and ongoing training at SERVPRO’s corporate training facility to regular IICRC-industry certification, rest assured our staff is equipped with the knowledge to restore your property.
Restoring Your Temple - Belton Commercial Property After A Water Damage Event
Commercial Water Damage Events Present Unique Challenges
Flooding and water damage events at commercial properties are often complex with numerous issues that require a knowledgeable and flexible response. Whether we’re dealing with a relatively small water cleanup scenario or a large scale event, we work quickly to assess each unique situation and isolate the damaged area. In many instances, normal operations can continue in a temporary space while we restore your facility.
Restoring Commercial Properties Presents Unique Challenges
Our professionals are trained to be mindful of legal and environmental concerns and strive to fully restore the damaged area while working within your budgetary constraints. We understand that every hour spent cleaning up is an hour of lost revenue and productivity. So when an emergency situation arises in your business, give us a call and we’ll be there fast with the help you need.
About SERVPRO of Temple & Belton
SERVPRO of Temple & Belton specializes in the cleanup and restoration of commercial and residential property after a water damage event. Our staff is highly trained in property damage restoration. From initial and ongoing training at SERVPRO’s corporate training facility to regular IICRC-industry certification, rest assured our staff is equipped with the knowledge to restore your property.
Stay safe this summer!
A backyard barbecue can become dangerous quickly if proper safety precautions aren't considered.
There is nothing like firing up the grill during the summer months! Did you know, Julyand August are peak months for grill fires? A backyard barbecue can become dangerous quickly if proper safety precautions aren't considered. SERVPRO of Brazos Valley wants you to have an enjoyable and safe summer. Consider the following tips to ensure your summer celebrations are disaster-free!
* Propane and charcoal BBQ grills should only be used outdoors.
* The grill should be placed well away from the home, deck railings and out from under eaves and overchanging branches.
* Keep children and pets away from grill area.
* Keep your grill clean by removing grease or fat buildup from the grills and in trays below the grill.
* When using a charcoal grill, let the coals completely cool before disposing in a metal container.
* Never leave your grill unattended.
* Anyone using fireworks or standing nearby should wear protective eyewear.
* Do not try to re-light or handle malfunctioning fireworks. Keep a bucket of water nearby to fully extinguish fireworks that don't go off or in case or in case of fire. Children should never pick up fireworks that may be left over as they may still be active.
* The safest way to enjoy fireworks is to attend a public display conducted by trained professionals.
Temple - Belton Storm Damage
Our highly trained crews are ready to respond 24/7 to storm or flood damage in Temple/Belton and the surrounding areas.
SERVPRO ofTemple & Belton specializes in storm and flood damage restoration. Our crews are highly trained and we use specialized equipment to restore your property to its pre-storm condition.
Since we are locally owned and operated, we are able to respond quicker with the right resources, which is extremely important. A fast response lessens the damage, limits further damage, and reduces the restoration cost.
Resources to Handle Floods and Storms
When storms hit the Temple & Belton, we can scale our resources to handle a large storm or flooding disaster. We can access equipment and personnel from a network of 1,650 Franchises across the country and elite Disaster Recovery Teams that are strategically located throughout the United States.
Have Storm or Flood Damage? Call Us Today! (254)771-3055
Temple/Belton Soot and Smoke Cleanup
Our smoke damage expertise and experience allows us to inspect and accurately assess the extent of the damage to develop a comprehensive plan of actio
Smoke and soot is very invasive and can penetrate various cavities within your home, causing hidden damage and odor. Our smoke damage expertise and experience allows us to inspect and accurately assess the extent of the damage to develop a comprehensive plan of action.
Smoke and soot facts:
- Hot smoke migrates to cooler areas and upper levels of a structure.
- Smoke flows around plumbing systems, seeping through the holes used by pipes to go from floor to floor.
- The type of smoke may greatly affect the restoration process.
Different Types of Smoke
There are two different types of smoke–wet and dry. As a result, there are different types of soot residue after a fire. Before restoration begins, SERVPRO of Temple and Belton will test the soot to determine which type of smoke damage occurred. The cleaning procedures will then be based on the information identified during pretesting. Here is some additional information:
Wet Smoke – Plastic and Rubber
- Low heat, smoldering, pungent odor, sticky, smeary. Smoke webs are more difficult to clean.
Dry Smoke – Paper and Wood
- Fast burning, high temperatures, heat rises therefore smoke rises.
Protein Fire Residue – Produced by evaporation of material rather than from a fire
- Virtually invisible, discolors paints and varnishes, extreme pungent odor.
Our Fire Damage Restoration Services
Since each smoke and fire damage situation is a little different, each one requires a unique solution tailored for the specific conditions. We have the equipment, expertise, and experience to restore your fire and smoke damage. We will also treat your family with empathy and respect and your property with care.
Have Questions about Fire, Smoke, or Soot Damage?
Call Us Today – (254)771-3055
Temple/Belton 24 hour Water Damage Services
Flooding and water emergencies don’t wait for regular business hours and neither do we!
Flooding and water emergencies don’t wait for regular business hours and neither do we. SERVPRO of Temple and Belton provides emergency cleaning and restoration services 24 hours a day, 7 days a week—including all holidays.
Faster To Any Size Disaster
Flooding and water damage is very invasive. Water quickly spreads throughout your home and gets absorbed into floors, walls, furniture, and more. SERVPRO of Temple and Belton arrives quickly and starts the water extraction process almost immediately. This immediate response helps to minimize the damage and the cleaning and restoration costs.
Water Damage Timeline
- Water quickly spreads throughout your property, saturating everything in its path.
- Water is absorbed into walls, floors, upholstery, and belongings.
- Furniture finishes may bleed, causing permanent staining on carpets.
- Photographs, books, and other paper goods start to swell and warp.
Hours 1 - 24:
- Drywall begins to swell and break down.
- Metal surfaces begin to tarnish.
- Furniture begins to swell and crack.
- Dyes and inks from cloth and paper goods spread and stain.
- A musty odor appears.
48 Hours to 1 Week:
- Mold and mildew may grow and spread.
- Doors, windows, and studs swell and warp.
- Metal begins to rust and corrode.
- Furniture warps and shows signs of mold.
- Paint begins to blister.
- Wood flooring swells and warps.
- Serious biohazard contamination is possible.
More Than 1 Week:
- Restoration time and cost increase dramatically; replacing contaminated materials and structural rebuilding may be extensive.
- Structural safety, mold growth, and biohazard contaminants pose serious risks to occupants.
About SERVPRO of Temple and Belton
SERVPRO of Temple and Belton specializes in the cleanup and restoration of residential and commercial property after a fire, smoke or water damage event. Our staff is highly trained in property damage restoration. From initial and ongoing training at SERVPRO’s corporate training facility to regular IICRC-industry certification, rest assured our staff is equipped with the knowledge to restore your property.
Washing Machine Hoses
"More than 80 percent of hoses fail between their sixth and tenth year of use."
A broken supply hose causes more than half of all water damage insurance claims. These insurance claims are costly. The average claim is around $6,000. If the homeowner fails to monitor the condition of the hose, it can burst. A busted hose can spill hundreds of gallons of water within an hour. A few tips to remember are:
- Buy proper length hoses when installing a washing machine or replacing old hoses. Select a length to fit the space rather than trying to force a proper fit.
- Allow enough space between the wall and the machine to avoid kinks in the hoses. Aim for 3” to 4” but adjust as needed to avoid sharp bends in the hoses.
- Inspect washing machine hoses regularly. At minimum check the hoses once or twice a year. Keep an eye out for kinks, damage, rust or snags in the braided stainless steel, and signs of a leak.
- Shut off water supply valves when not in use and when you will be away from home such as when vacationing. The constant water pressure on the washing machine hoses can contribute to hose failure.
- Replace washing machine hoses regularly. Read the manufacturer’s recommendations and install new hoses as suggested. If the hose is more than five years old, there is an increased risk of it wearing out. More than 80 percent of hoses fail between their sixth and tenth year of use.
Important information to remember about mold!
Mold found behind wallpaper at a local bank.
Some restoration businesses advertise “mold removal” and even guarantee to remove all mold, which is a fallacy. Consider the following mold facts:
• Mold is present almost everywhere, indoors and outdoors.
• Mold spores are microscopic and float along in the air, and they may enter your home through windows, doors, or AC/heating systems or even hitch a ride indoors on your clothing or a pet.
• Mold spores thrive on moisture. Mold spores can quickly grow into colonies when exposed to water.
• Before mold remediation can begin, any sources of water or moisture must be addressed. Otherwise the mold may return.
• Let your nose lead the way. Mold often produces a strong, musty odor, and can lead you to possible mold problem areas.
• Even higher than normal indoor humidity can support mold growth. Keep indoor humidity below 45 percent.
If you think your home or business may have a mold issue, contact the professionals at SERVPRO today!
it only takes one three dollar firework to caused hundreds of thousands of dollars in fire damages
For many Americans, fireworks are a hallmark of the Independence Day celebrations that binds the US in it's festivities. However, it only takes one three dollar firework to caused hundreds of thousands of dollars in fire damages to residential and commercial properties. Consider some of the following facts:
* in 2011, fireworks caused an estimated 17,800 reported fires, including 1,200 structure fires, 400 vehicle fires and 16,300 outside and other fires.
* There fires resulted in an estimated 40 civilian injuries and $32 million in direct property damage, with no reported fire deaths.
* On Independence Day in a typical year, fireworks account for two out of five of all reported fires, more than any other cause of fire.
So remember these facts as you are celebrating with family and friends! Have fun, but stay safe!