Stay safe this summer!
There is nothing like firing up the grill during the summer months! Did you know, Julyand August are peak months for grill fires? A backyard barbecue can become dangerous quickly if proper safety precautions aren't considered. SERVPRO of Brazos Valley wants you to have an enjoyable and safe summer. Consider the following tips to ensure your summer celebrations are disaster-free!
* Propane and charcoal BBQ grills should only be used outdoors.
* The grill should be placed well away from the home, deck railings and out from under eaves and overchanging branches.
* Keep children and pets away from grill area.
* Keep your grill clean by removing grease or fat buildup from the grills and in trays below the grill.
* When using a charcoal grill, let the coals completely cool before disposing in a metal container.
* Never leave your grill unattended.
* Anyone using fireworks or standing nearby should wear protective eyewear.
* Do not try to re-light or handle malfunctioning fireworks. Keep a bucket of water nearby to fully extinguish fireworks that don't go off or in case or in case of fire. Children should never pick up fireworks that may be left over as they may still be active.
* The safest way to enjoy fireworks is to attend a public display conducted by trained professionals.